Week 3: Forum Questions

Topic One:

I used Facebook to do my brand search. The brand I ended up searching was the company Nike. I chose Nike because I have always been a fan of there athletic footwear and clothing styles. When I searched Nike in Facebook, the first thing that cam up was a video. This video was describing how Nike is doing more to leave more of their footprint in the World Cup. It stated that Adidas is the number one brand when it comes to soccer and the World Cup, having their logo on jerseys, shoes, official game soccer balls, and other equipment. Nike though is catching up to be the next big brand in this sport because they are focusing on advertising through famous players in soccer instead of product. It brought up the statistic that almost more than half of the world watches the World Cup and that number is increasing in the United States. With big numbers such as those, that is more of an opportunity Nike has to sell their merchandise to all over the globe. To have this be first video that comes up in searching this brand on Facebook is smart because so many people follow Nike in the United States and around the world, the showing a video of this sorts allows more people to get behind the goal of what Nike is wanting to accomplish which will bring in more successful for its business.

The message of this video is defiantly aimed towards athletes around the world, no matter what age, who enjoy playing or watching soccer. I was not overall interested in the video because I am not a huge soccer fan but I was intrigued with some of the things they were sharing such as to what major athletes in soccer Nike has signed to help them with this campaign. I think this video will do well overall because there is so many people who enjoy soccer in the world that it will be successful but for me and all other athletes who may not like soccer all that much, it will not have all that much success.

I would recommend to edit this video in a way to get other sports involved and make it seem that all those who are in the Nike brand that we are a family and need to work together to achieve a goal. If I am able to reach out and connect with other athletes and make it seem like they are apart of something bigger than just one sport, they would be more likely to participate, join in, or even buy more merchandise to promote this movement Nike is trying to make into the soccer and World Cup world.

Topic 2:

An ad I just watched recently on Facebook was about the video game Fortnite. This game I believe is or is one of the most popular games in the United States and possibly even the world. This ad was just a cartoon that portrayed an experience that almost anyone who has played the game has been apart of. Whether it was having crazy teammates, witnessing another YouTuber live streaming them playing, or just glitching out during the game, it connected with those who have played. I believe this ad worked because by the end of the video, I wanted to go play some more Fortnite, which I will probably do after I am finished with this post. It also portrayed the game as something that can be played be anyone in their early teens to some one who still plays video games in their 30's and 40's because the game is not bloody, sexual, doesn't have any profanity, and has different experiences each time it is played. I would say the persuasive technique that is used in the video is the fact that they used a skin from the movie or actor John Wick (Keanu Reeves). People who know or have seen the movie that "John Wick" a very talented and deadly guy in the movie so that appeals to those who will have that skin in the game have the sense of imagination that they will be also.

The second ad I watched was about the upcoming movie "Skyscraper". This ad was short but used the 'Bandwagon effect' technique because it stated that this is 'the most anticipated movie of the summer". I believe it really wasn't all that effective because there have been a lot of movies that have come out this summer already and one movie of which that people have loved watching is Marvel's "Ant-Man and Wasp". That movie will by far have more success than the movie 'Skyscraper" because there are so many Marvel fans. I think the target audience for this movie are those between 20-40 years of age because those are the ages who may have a family of their own, wife/ husband and kids that they would also want to protect if they were ever in a situation like that in the movie. I don't doubt that the movie will be good, its just that it has portrayed in a way that makes it seem that is going to be bigger than it actually is.


Comments

  1. You had a great recommendation for Nike that I liked! I have aways been interested in sports and being active, however, some of the advertisements that Nike puts out only advertise towards individuals who play that particular sport being used in the advertisement. I don't think Nike does that on purpose because I think they are trying to appeal to all athletes...but it definitely causes me to lose interest when I see sports I don't like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Media Blog Project 1

Week 1: Forum Questions