Week 1: Forum Questions

Topic 1:

My name is Carter Flora. This is hopefully my last term at Linn-Benton Community College as I am working to get my Transfer Degree this summer. I played basketball for two years at Linn Benton and I hoping to transfer to Western Oregon this Fall. I will be majoring into education and my career is to be a Health/P.E. Teacher and also a coach for a variety of sports.

I am wanting to learn to how media portrays their information to be most viewed to their target audience. Also why are some sorts of media more used than other apps and sites. What today are people really looking for when the go onto certain media sites. Is it to find a laugh or some new story? What is driving their interest. With social media being the most used and common way people interact and get their information, how is that affecting society in positive or negative ways?

I am very passionate about being outdoors. I love hiking, swimming, camping, and all those sorts of things. I am not so much a people person so being outside with nature really helps me clear my head and focus on the things of what is most important in life. That is basically how my whole family is and it is something I will continue on with my kids.


Topic 2:

My three main sources of information are the platforms of Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. These are my top sources because they are so easily accessible from a phone, tablet, or computer. The apps are easy to open, and they can be customized to what I am most interested in so that I will continue to scroll or searching for this related to the topics I am seeing. There are all sorts of things being posted on these apps everyday and one thing or another will catch my eye so that I will take a closer look and listen to what is being said. These sources however, as much as I use them, are not always the most reliable ways to get my information. The things I watch have been edited to cut out some sorts of information that I think won't be entertaining for me. So that means I am not always getting the whole story of what is being shown, just a part of what is thought I will like.

I am very concerned with all the "fake-news" out there in the ecosystem. Social Media is going to be around forever and my kids are also going to be getting their information from these platforms. Correct knowledge is power and there is not of that being shared on media sites. It is only part truths and the rest has been edited to person opinions about topics. I want my kids to be informed correctly on topics and other information, I don't want them taking just one thing or few things that was shown or a media site and seeing it as complete truth. There has to be research done in order to get all the facts of a topic or story, which honestly, takes a lot of work and time which people don't want to do. Myself, and what I want other people to do, is just don't take everything at face value as truth. Do your research to get all the facts and then pass on that information when you know what is being shared is not false.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: Forum Questions

Week 8 Forum Questions: