Week 8 Forum Questions:

Topic 1:

1. There are lots of books on that list that I do know about but the one that kept coming up again that I have read was "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. I personally never read the "Twilight" series or the "Hunger Games' series but I do know a lot of people who did read the books while I was in school. My wife also read part of both of those series and said she really enjoyed reading them. While in middle school, I was a bit intrigued of what "Twilight" was about and had a classmate tell me a few things about the book. I thought it was strange but didn't think it was anything at the time and still to this day that it should be something banned or challenged. "To Kill a Mocking Bird" I thought was a really good book that we read in high school. Yes it was violent and it was racist but it was very historically accurate in how things were in that day. The book put things bluntly and plainly of what happened to those who were of different ethnicity and skin color and that is something that should not be hidden or forgotten about. The past is to be learned from and not forgotten about, that way the same mistakes are not repeated.

2. Public libraries should be able to have less limitations on what kind of books and other reading material should be on their shelves. They are public libraries for a reason, that anyone should be able to go inside and read any book that they are interested in. I feel like schools should have more limitations on what books should be accessed. Books such as "Fifty Shades of Grey" should obviously not be carried within school libraries but books that help encourage and edify proper learning should be available. I understand that can be difficult to determine what reading material would qualify as that but I am fairly certain that limiting what is found on school library shelves will help students focus more on their learning.

3. I am not a huge reader, I have not read a lot of books in my lifetime. I can remember that I would read " Hank the Cow-dog" books in elementary school just to meet a certain goal to have a party but not because I did it for down time. In middle school I read the 'Harry Potter" series also for a school project. If I am to read a book for anything, it is usually most of the time fiction and adventure. The only books I will read over and over again are the scriptures. My list of books that I have read would say about my interests and passions that I am an adventurous person who can be creative with their imagination.

Topic 2:

1. Picking three magazines that I have read recently is very difficult due that I don't look at magazines. I don't read them when I am waiting at the dentist office or other places because I usually look on my phone at things. I would say the first magazine that I look at when it is around is "National Geographic" just because I want to check out the animals within the pages. I don't spend time reading any of the articles in the magazine. I guess this magazine would say about my personality that I like to travel and see exotic/different animals.  The second magazine I look at when it is available is "Reader's Digest". I read it only for the jokes and silly stories that can be found around the middle of the magazine. I guess that says that I have a fun sense of humor and enjoy laughter. The third magazine I can think of "ESPN The Magazine" I like looking at what happened in sports recently and skimming over articles of my favorite athletes. I would say that this magazine would point out I really enjoy sports, being active, and staying healthy.

2. If I remember right, in the "National Geographic" magazine, there would be a lot of advertisement for cars/trucks, pet food/toys/supplies, and flying with a particular company such as Delta or American Airlines for example. "ESPN The Magazine" would advertise clothing, hygienic supplies such as: face wash, deodorant. I think a few cars/trucks would also be advertised. I would say that me being a consumer I like things with animals and also enjoy getting more things to look better and perform better in athletics or after I get home from athletics to clean up and take care of my body.   



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: Forum Questions

Media Blog Project 1